Robert E. Schmitt has been a trial attorney for 30 years practicing primarily in the area of personal injury litigation. He has significant experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants and has been lead counsel in approximately 75 trials. Mr. Schmitt is certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a Specialist in the area of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation.
- Past President of the State Bar of Arizona
- Member of the Year, State Bar of Arizona, 1994.
- Selected into “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- Selected into the “Super Lawyers of the Southwest.”
- Past Member of State Bar Board of Governors.
- Member, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel Board of Directors (1990-2002).
- Member, Commission for Appellate Court Appointments (1999-present).
- Member, Advisory Committee on Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Certification.
- Past Member, Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness.
- Selected into the American College of Trial Lawyers, American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Faculty member at the Arizona College of Trial Advocacy (1987-present).
- Founding fellow of the Arizona Bar Foundation.
- Also admitted to practice in the courts of the State of California.
Mr. Schmitt received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1968 and his Juris Doctorate in 1973 from Arizona State University. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, District of Arizona and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Mr. Schmitt has been married to his wife, Dianne, for over 35 years and is the proud father of five and grandfather of 12 and counting. Mr. Schmitt can be reached at email@example.com.