Milton W. Hathaway, Jr. is a litigation attorney practicing primarily in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death, municipal liability, employment law and product liability.
Mr. Hathaway received his Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University where he graduated cum laude in 1975, and his Juris Doctor degree in 1978 from the University of Arizona in Tucson. He was admitted to the State Bar of Arizona in 1978. Mr. Hathaway is a member of the State Bar of Arizona and Yavapai County Bar Association and has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV rated lawyer. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, District of Arizona and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award, Insurance.
- Case Note Writer, Arizona Law Review.
- Civil Trial Judge, pro tem, Maricopa County Superior Court (1989-1999).
- Board Member, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (1988-1998).
- President, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (2007-2008)
- Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness Member (2009-2012)
- Arizona Supreme Court Ad Hoc Committee on Rules of Evidence (2010-2012)
- Arizona Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Evidence (2012 – present)
- Arizona Supreme Court Task Force on the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure (2014-2016)
Mr. Hathaway joined Murphy, Schmitt, Hathaway & Wilson in 2002 following a four year residency in Hong Kong and Singapore with his wife, Meredith. While in Singapore, he was actively involved in The American Club, serving as Chairperson of the Rules Committee, elected member of the General Committee and was also elected Secretary of this organization. He also served as Director of the donor/recipient program, FriendshipWorks, The American Association of Singapore. Mr. Hathaway can be reached at email@example.com.