Michael R. Murphy is a trial attorney practicing primarily in the area of personal injury litigation (plaintiff and defense). He has practiced throughout Northern Arizona for over 35 years, handling numerous jury and bench trials, both in Superior Court and Federal District Court. Mr. Murphy is certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a Specialist in the area of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation.
- Selected into “The Super Lawyers of the Southwest.”
- “Member of the Year”, State Bar of Arizona 1998.
- Past President of the State Bar of Arizona.
- Past President of the Yavapai County Bar Association.
- Former Board Member, State Bar Board of Governors.
- Board Member, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (1990-1996).
- Past Member, Commission for Appellate Court Appointments.
- Past Member, Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness.
- Selected into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, International Society of Barristers, Defense Trial Lawyers Association and the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Founding fellow of the Arizona Bar Foundation.
Mr. Murphy received his B.A. from Loyola University in Los Angeles in 1969 and his Juris Doctorate (cum laude) from Arizona State University in 1972. He was admitted to the Arizona Bar and the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona in 1972 , as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 1973. He can be reached at email@example.com.